A disclaimer before we muse, contemplate and reason with life

Any and all posts here are not designed to be well-researched opinion pieces. They are more a stream of consciousness on the theme of the day.

As I set up this blog, the UK is well in the midst of trying to slow the spread of the Covid-19. The mainstream media, social media and my own experiences as a secondary school teacher dealing with closure, distance learning and working from home will form the basis of the posts, particularly to begin with.

There will be criticism of individuals/groups of people who will not be able to defend themselves to my thoughts (largely because they are unaware that my thoughts are "out there"); there will be hypothetical solutions laid out that will not be heard by those that could consider them; there will sometimes be a sense of I know better when in reality I don't, I'm just angry/deflated by the situation that has evolved.

I want to receive comments that invite discussion of what I've chosen to ramble about, as opposed to defensive challenge. I want to learn more about how some things work, and when you are able to direct me to further information on these things to help me perhaps answer one of the questions that I ponder, please do so. I cannot promise that my personal opinions shall change, but my perspective shall and it will make for such a deeper discussion if we have a sense of mutual respect.

The first few posts shall be putting online the musings I have recorded in the notes app on my phone over the past few days in particular. I realised that writing them down was an extremely cathartic exercise for me personally; then I realised that I'd like to discuss my thoughts with others, where possible, and establishing a blog online seemed to be a way of keeping everything in one place.

Be kind to one another. Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adaptation or evolution?

Working from home?

R.E.S.P.E.C.T.